Advanced Practice Paramedic (Destination/Deployable) - Full Time Description
Patronus Medical is seeking qualified individuals to serve in its Destination Division. With opportunities in the United States and abroad, candidates applying for this position have the opportunity to provide healthcare in exotic locations, working alongside other experienced providers. In addition to providing clinical care, individuals in this role will receive perpetual training opportunities to further their knowledge and skill base as providers. Patronus is looking for candidates who will maintain discretion when working with highly affluent and well-known individuals or groups.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Respond to emergent and non-emergent calls for assistance from the patient population.
- Conduct triage and evaluate the patient’s condition while on scene and obtain a preliminary diagnosis.
- Render aid to any injuries or illness using standing protocols, online medical direction, and sound clinic decision making skills.
- Coordinate appropriate long term care plans and make transport determinations based on patient’s condition, current situation, and available resources.
- Perform high-level skills on patients requiring such services that may otherwise be obtained at an urgent-care environment.
- Conduct telemedicine consults with Patronus physicians on cases requiring online physician direction.
- Adhere to established standing medical protocols and procedures and maintain current knowledge of industry best practices for skills and techniques, as well as changes in the standard of care for medical and trauma patients.
- Operate response vehicles and medical and communications equipment as part of regular job performance.
- Collaborate with other agencies and entities during the treatment and follow up stages of patient care.
- Complete accurate and thorough patient encounter documentation in a timely manner and receive feedback from Patronus physicians on cases.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Patronus Medical is an equal opportunity employer.
- Active paramedic license/certification (with the National Registry of EMTs preferred).
- Previous experience as a Paramedic in a clinical environment is preferred.
- Providers with firefighter certifications encouraged.
- Up to date AHA CPR, ACLS, and PALS certifications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work internationally
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Prior international experience is preferred.
- Familiar with expanded scope of practice skills to include:
- Suturing, Critical Care Procedures, Clinic Management, Long term patient stabilization, Air and Sea medical evacuation skills amp; procedures, and Medical Care in an austere environment.
- CCEMT-P certification is preferred.
- Special emphasis on personnel with any of the following: Pararescue, 18 Delta, JSOC Medic, Navy Corpsman, and IDMT experience.
All travel expenses paid for.
The following is included while deployed:
- Cell Phone
- Internet Access
- Transportation on Island